ConvergX® Global Summit 2020 Canada
Celebrate our 5th year on February 4-6, 2020 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada as we create the space for you, top executives and officials to discover just how much business can be done with adjacent markets, facilitating discussions about common challenges, opportunities for technology transfer, and for collaboration on near-term solutions.
VENUE & ACCOMMODATIONS
Sheraton Eau Claire | Calgary | Canada
We are pleased to announce our location for ConvergX®
2020 Summit at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. The hotel is in a prime downtown location in the heart of the city, with spacious meeting rooms, breakout rooms and all-suite rooms. It is located within walking distance to downtown Calgary shopping, dining, Prince’s Island Park, Bow River and more. Room black and rate coming soon.
Sheraton and the Marriott have now merged their rewards program to Marriott Bonvoy. Guests can now enjoy additional hotel options!
The most convenient parking option is paid valet parking at the Sheraton. All ConvergX®
Conference attendees will receive the discounted rate of $32/day plus GST. Upon arrival, mention ConvergXCon to receive the discounted valet parking rate
Booking Available Soon
Research Fellow – Adelphi University
Leah La Salla
Technical Founder & CEO – Astral AR
Business Development Manager – LMCO
Together with our Innovation Award sponsors, ConvergX® has recognition for three areas:
Pre-Commerical Technology Innovation
for emerging technologies. Sponsor: Stonecracker Scientific Law LLP
for the application of technology outside its orginal purporse. Sponsor: Bennett Jones LLP
for the company engage across industry lines. Sponsor: Available
Pre-Commercial Technology Award
• Less than 25 staff
• Have developed a working prototype of a technology or service
• Have not formally launched the product on market (introduction to targeted pilot customers, and pre-launch marketing accepted)
• Product or service could be used by customers in both Defence and Energy industry
• Use of technology offers one or more of the following:
o Performance improvements
o Increased efficiency in processes
o Advances in safety enhancements or environmental performance
o More effective use of time
2. Must be in the energy, mining, aerospace, defense, and security industries; including research laboratories and universities.
3. Be active within the industry and that are recognized as innovators who have developed new concepts, products and methods bringing the energy, mining, aerospace, defense, and security sectors forward.
4. Technical excellence, commercial success, and innovative projects with great significance for technology in the industry as a result of their frontier pushing activities.
5. Must act as a visionary ambassador for the industry. The work should influence people to be open to innovation and incorporate new ideas.
6. Be recognized for their technical excellence and performance.
We look forward to seeing your application. If you have any additional questions or concerns please give us a shout at email@example.com
Applications are due 15 days before the summit. We regret we cannot accept any late application
Award winners will attend the awards presentation and scotch tasting evening with ConvergX® delegates and invited guests.
Their engraved award will be presented by the award sponsor, who will also introduce the company and outline its success.
Award winners will be published in post-conference materials and noted on the ConvergX® website
ConvergX® has a technical jury that reviews each submission that includes ConvergX® sponsor WaVv, level <1> sponsors, and the awards sponsors.
The jury will evaluate the achievements as a result of the candidate’s work related to the energy, mining, aerospace, defense, and security sectors and according to the above criteria.
The award can be given to managers of innovative companies, inventors of new technology, project managers, researchers, university professors, research teams and laboratories or others with great significance for promoting innovations or cross-sector business opportunities.
The work of the candidate has to show innovation excellence through a significant period of time.
1. Is involved in the energy, mining, aerospace, defense, and security sectors.
2. Has a technical innovation under development or in commercial application; or a successful project, joint venture, or supply chain expansion with a different industry sector.
3. Ideally, the technology or collaboration(s) address a gap in capability in the other sectors.